Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​Muscular Dystrophy Ways the Muscular Dystrophy Association Could Improve

• Ways the Muscular Dystrophy Association Could Improve

Posted by leah-leilani on September 22, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Are you or have you been a part of the Muscular Dystrophy Association? For example, maybe you’ve been an ambassador or have been featured on their telethon? Now that you’re older, what is your opinion of the MDA and how they operate?

Some past ambassadors or people that used to help the MDA now feel that the organization exploits children in order to raise funds for research and the other services MDA offers. I used to be a regional ambassador for MDA and have had an overall good experience with the organization in the past. I think that they do a lot of good although they could improve in many ways. I do wish that they supported adult patients and didn’t advertise MD as being horrible and debilitating. I also believe that ambassadors should be compensated for their time spent helping the MDA. What aspects of the MDA do you think should change?

leah-leilani replied 3 years, 6 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.