Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Are the muscle in your hands atrophied? What activities require a lot of work with your hands that you can no longer do now?  Some activities that were once enjoyable and fun, such as stitching, painting, fishing, are now difficult. How have you adapted to any muscle changes with your hands?

Ralph Yaniz
      Participant

There is no doubt I see some of that happening with my LGMD2L. I drop things and fumble things more so I have to learn to take my time and be more careful. I also know left arm and hand better so learning to use non dominant hand more.

Licorice
        Participant

Dear Dani,

I see the posr, but can’t get it to open.

Do you have any suggestions?

TIA.

Barbara

Laura Brownlee
      Participant

The biggest thing I’ve noticed when it comes to atrophy in my hands is that I can’t open water or Gatorade bottles hy myself anymore. I have to ask someone else to open it for me, which is somewhat embarrassing. I also struggle with opening my prescription bottles.

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Laura,

I have a hard time opening Gatorade bottle as well when I’m feeling particularly weak and fatigued. I never really noticed any weakness in my hands and arms until middle school. I played guitar for about two years and after I had to give that up I turned to song writing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account