• ralph

May 8, 2019 at 7:43 am

Apart from the muscular dystrophy, I am in fairly good health. The only medication I take is for blood pressure. And recently my cholesterol and triglyceride levels have improved dramatically,  so there is no other medication I need to take. My blood sugar and A1C levels are great, also.  Before I started having symptoms of my LGMD2L, I was the big weightlifter and bicycle rider. But the only thing I do now is stationary bicycle and this year I have set a goal of 600 miles.   The hardest part for me with the muscle loss has been the slowing down of metabolism and so the only way to control weight is by eating less.  I do take a bunch of vitamins and supplements.

• leah-leilani

May 9, 2019 at 4:00 pm

I’m so glad to hear that your cholesterol and A1C have improved. I too used to have a very active lifestyle and have to maintain my weight by eating less. It can be a real struggle sometimes.

I hope you are able to reach your goal of 600 miles but if not don’t be hard on yourself. It sounds like you take your health seriously and that is a good thing.