• Gallbladder stones and removal

Posted by Leah Leilani on July 30, 2019 at 4:15 pm

Last week I got an abdominal ultrasound that revealed the I have stones in my Gallbladder and a fatty liver. The news about my Gallbladder didn’t surprise me because I have some odd sensitivities to food. Since my mother had her Gallbladder removed several years ago due to the same issue, I know just how minor of a procedure it is.

Have you had your Gallbladder removed? Some people, don’t experience any symptoms with Gallbladder stones. Did you have any abdominal pain or nausea due to the Gallbladder stones? How did you feel after the surgery?

Leah Leilani replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Cynthia Mayeshiro

August 2, 2019 at 5:09 pm

I think we need to remember that each person is unique and every situation is unique. I have a very high pain threshold, and I find I am almost dangerous for not feeling pain.  The important stuff to remember is to find a great surgeon who works with those of us with Muscular Dystrophy, and just as important to find and have an interview with the anesthesiologist. Only then can we relax and let the professionals due their jobs.

• Ruben

January 28, 2020 at 2:09 pm

Had mine taken out recently. I share my experience here:

https://youtu.be/jvOxeRA-UA8

• Leah Leilani

January 30, 2020 at 3:50 pm

Thank you Ruben for sharing. Your experience will help so many people going through the same thing.