Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Yesterday, March 1st, was International Wheelchair Day. What kind of relationship do you have with your wheelchair? What has your wheelchair given or provided you that you’re thankful for?

Ralph Yaniz
      Participant

I actually had it wrong on Twitter where I said March 2. But my column on March 12 will focus on this. I wrote a column already some months back on my first wheelchair ride. This new piece will go deeper.

Pete Barron
      Participant

As I said before, my power wheelchair is one of the greatest gifts I’ve ever received! It equates to freedom for me, without it I would be stuck in bed most of the day.

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Pete, I feel the same about my wheelchair. They are to thank for giving us back our independence and mobility!

Ian Narita
      Participant

I don’t use mine enough. I kinda need to get out more. Tuesday was election day. To the fairgrounds and back. Used to go to the doctor’s office in the chair. He has moved his office and the new location is considerably further, and will be a car trip from now on.

This winter the only time I got out was when Union Pacific brought UP’s big steam locomotive to town.

Not sure what else to say

Thx IGN

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account