• Posted by leah-leilani on March 6, 2019 at 6:06 pm

Do you use any medical equipment to help make bathing easier such as a chair or stool? If so, where did you purchase it and how much did it cost? Do you have a detachable shower head to help you or your caregiver rinse you off?

My whole life I’ve hated showers. I don’t like having the water in my face the whole time. These days, I need more help to bath and our shower is quite small. Our bathtub is the more convenient option for my parents.

I have seen advertisements for walk-in bathtubs but my concern is that a person’s body temperature would drop while waiting for the water to drain so that they could then exit the tub. What are your thoughts on walk-in bathtubs?

Role in showers, although very accessible, are costly seeing as though the entire bathroom has to be remodeled.

gord-wallen replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • gord-wallen

March 26, 2019 at 6:36 pm

A few years ago we had the bathroom renovated to be wheelchair accessible. We have a roll in shower and a shower bench. Through experimentation I have refined the process and at this point seems to work well.  Although I know that I will need help in the future.