• New law proposed by Trump administration

Posted by leah-leilani on August 21, 2019 at 7:00 pm

President Donald Trump and the Trump administration is proposing to administer a law in which to monitor people disabilities on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter who claim Social Security Disability Benefits in order to rule out any “fraud.” Lisa D. Ekman, chairman of the Consortium of Citizens with Disabilities, says this method may prove to be difficult since people tend to post pictures of themselves when they’re feeling their healthiest.

The possibility of this new law is bringing everyone with disabilities to social media to voice their opinions.

Do you think Congress will approve this law? Do think this law goes against our rights to privacy as citizens of the United States? What will you do to make sure this law does not get put into action?

ralph replied 4 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ralph

January 28, 2020 at 2:04 pm

I don’t think the House would pass anything like this so we don’t have to worry. But of course it’s crazy. Just because I have a disability it doesn’t mean I can’t go to a baseball game like I did last night. And even though I might choose to post great pictures that look like it was an amazing evening, because public venues are often so poor with accessibility, the reality is that it wasn’t easy. My next column will look at accessibility issues.