• debra-love

July 12, 2020 at 8:17 pm

Yes, I have been enjoying the local pool an hour for therapy before they open up to the public since my normal place of water therapy is closed due to the virus.  I can tell that my balance is already improved, and I am hopeful that it will continue to get better as the summer progresses.  I use the foam noodles to help me stay afloat now that the MD has progressed to the point where I can’t swim on my stomach anymore.  BUT yesterday I was really excited that I could still do the dog paddle on my back!!  YEAH!!  I am SO THANKFUL for being able to get back in the pool and get out of the house.  I could tell that my mobility was getting worse and worse just being in the house all the time.  How about you Dani??  Do you get to the pool often??

• danielle-dani-liptak

July 13, 2020 at 5:07 pm

I have not gotten to the pool all year and it has been upsetting! My neighborhood pool now has an app where you can reserve a time to swim, so I will be trying that this weekend.

• pete-barron

July 20, 2020 at 11:21 am

Swimming has been my “go to” exercise since I figured out that it worked 20 years ago. Unfortunately, my local health club pool of course was closed for 3 months and just now opened for swimming and water workouts on a limited basis. I haven’t ventured back in yet and am waiting to see how well other members stay healthy. I hope to get back in the water soon, but I’m somewhat afraid of getting sick!