Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​Muscular Dystrophy The Dilemma With Deodorant and Skin Irritation

• The Dilemma With Deodorant and Skin Irritation

Posted by leah-leilani on April 5, 2022 at 4:30 pm

I am not a very sweaty person but when I started reselling clothing and being a bit less sedentary, it was like puberty all over again. I had to switch from a holistic crystal deodorant to something more substantial to control my body odor.

Since switching to an antiperspirant, my pits have been itchy and irritated. I tried both a roll-on and a stick deodorant. Although I experienced less irritation from the Secret Clinical Strength stick deodorant, there still had to be something better.

I recently found the Secret Clinical Strength deodorant without aluminum and baking soda. The results-Wow! My pits have never felt better! No more clawing at my underarms during the day!

Do you struggle with deodorant and skin irritation? Which deodorant do you use?

danielle-dani-liptak replied 2 years ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • danielle-dani-liptak

April 6, 2022 at 2:38 pm

I’ve always used Old Spice because that’s what my dad used and I would end up taking his from him, haha.

I’ve tried the more “organic” deodorants but I had irritation and it got expensive so I switched back to Old Spice. I guess if it isn’t broke don’t fix it!