• Ralph Yaniz

April 16, 2019 at 9:32 am

I have to admit this is one of my pet peeves, and not just necessarily in the healthcare arena.  I have offered companies and organizations and stadium organizers to let me walk around a venue with them  so I can point out simple things they can do to make things so much easier. In fact, during spring training baseball in Arizona, I was able to talk to the person in charge about a very simple spacing change but I could tell he wasn’t listening and just preparing his response about all the great things they are doing. In healthcare especially, hospitals and clinics and other organizations need to allow people with disabilities to be asked  to give suggestions, and then they need to follow up on these ideas.

• Danielle "Dani" Liptak

April 17, 2019 at 4:12 pm

100 percent agree with you, Ralph! I wonder if it would require going to a law maker? Like US Senator Tammy Duckworth, who fights for people with disabilities or the health department?

• Ralph Yaniz

April 18, 2019 at 3:09 pm

That’s a good thought. Maybe even legal recourses around ADA. It’s hard to make business do the best thing. We need keep battling this. Thanks, Dani!