Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Advocacy Work Looking for 30 Days of MD Participants for MD Awareness Month

• Looking for 30 Days of MD Participants for MD Awareness Month

Posted by leah-leilani on July 16, 2021 at 7:00 pm

It’s almost that time of year again! Yes, that’s right, Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Month is just around the corner! That means that Dani and I will begin recruiting patients, advocates, and caregivers to be featured on our website as well as MD News’ Instagram account for 30 Days of MD! All we will need from you is a 400 word or less short story about you and your life with MD, a couple of pictures of yourself, your email address and your Instagram handle.

Reply to this topic if you are interested in being one of the 30 people to participate in this month-long event and we will provide you with all the details. Will you join us in celebrating Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Month this year?

Check out the archives from previous 30 Days initiatives here.

danielle-dani-liptak replied 2 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • danielle-dani-liptak

July 26, 2021 at 1:33 pm

This is an excellent opportunity for members to share their stories! When I was first diagnosed, I wished back there was a place for me to read stories about people with MD and caregivers to feel less alone. Your story could be someone’s guide throughout their life, even their motivation to keep going. Sharing our stories, especially with the public, breaks down a stigma that disabled people don’t want an everyday life. It is essential for the future of people with disabilities, and I find it to be therapeutic to share my story with others in the community and the public. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and discuss them!