Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Last week, actor and comedian, Gilbert Gottfried passed away at the age of 67 due to recurrent ventricular tachycardia caused by myotonic dystrophy type 2.

When I heard the news from a Facebook group that he had a form of muscular dystrophy, I was shocked. I knew Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of the parrot in the Disney animated film, Aladdin. I wondered if he’d had a later onset of the disease or had been diagnosed as a child or young adult.

Did you follow Gilbert Gottfried’s comedy?

Pete Barron
      Participant

As far as I know Myotonic Dystrophy type 2 (which I also have) is always adult onset. I do however recognize the cardiac defect, which my father who unknowingly had DM2. My father received a demand pacemaker which kept him alive another 25 years. I assume this was sadly not available to Gottfried. I have been monitored, but as yet do not have this defect.

Leah Leilani
        Keymaster

Thank you for correcting me in the onset Pete. I also experience a type of tachycardia where my heart rate will rise if I’m particularly tired or sick. Do you have a good cardiologist that you see?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account