Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums MD Awareness 30 Days of MD 30 Days of MD: Occupational Therapy Is All About Teamwork

• 30 Days of MD: Occupational Therapy Is All About Teamwork

Posted by kevin-schaefer on September 13, 2021 at 2:05 pm

In this 30 Days of MD story, Moira Matthews writes about her work as an occupational therapist. She shares how working with MD clients requires communication and a focus on each person’s needs.

Here’s an excerpt: “I do plenty of exercises with my other patients but the world of MD is very different because it focuses almost exclusively on finding out what my patient values in life and how to make it work despite their limitations. This includes the use of adaptive equipment, energy conservation techniques, and environmental modifications.”

Do you have any takeaways from this story? Do you have any experience with occupational therapy?

Muscular Dystrophy News’ 30 Days of MD campaign will publish one story per day for MD Awareness Month in September. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #30DaysofMD, or read the full series.

kevin-schaefer replied 2 years, 6 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.