Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​Muscular Dystrophy Grass patches for your dog’s bathroom breaks

• Grass patches for your dog’s bathroom breaks

Posted by leah-leilani on December 16, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Is taking your dog out to do their business a difficult task for you? Do you hate having to put on your coat and boots just go outside for a few minutes? Have you thought about getting a patch of grass for your dog to use inside your house?

There are subscription services like Doggielawn.com that deliver natural and eco-friendly patches of grass for your dog to use inside the house, much like litter box. They offer various plans so you can choose how frequently you’d like to have the patch replaced.

leah-leilani replied 4 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • kimberly-reynolds

December 17, 2019 at 10:37 am

My puppy trained us better! She hated going outside and would only eat and swallow everything outside which wasn’t healthy. So we trained her to use puppy pads and that is her preferred thing inside the house. She has been using “pee-pee” pads for two years. This works great for me with DM2. I was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to take her outside when home alone with her, problem solved! It is around 60 dollars a month to keep the puppy pads in the house and I can clean them up using my pincher tool so I don’t have to bend over if I’m having a bad day!!

• leah-leilani

December 20, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Puppy pee pads work well too. It sounds like you’ve found a good way to be independent while also caring for your dog and your body.  What’s your dogs name and breed?