• Adaptive Surfing

Posted by Danielle "Dani" Liptak on June 7, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Yesterday morning I met up with a local organization called Ocean Cure. They specialize in adaptive surfing and are responsible for installing the locally accessible beach mats in Carolina Beach, North Carolina. So if you are looking for a vacation spot, I suggest that the beach be based on accessibility.

The surfing group was made up of wounded warriors, a couple of children, and then me. I was able to bring my friend, and they showed her how to help me surf. Of course, I was terrified as I had not been in the ocean for almost 5 years, and I have not done anything like surfing in many more. However, I felt confident with the guides and volunteers. They never pressured me and only encouraged me. I caught 4 waves, and it was an exhilarating experience! I can’t wait to do it again.

Today I am experiencing soreness, but that is to be expected after such intense activity. However, I still wouldn’t change anything, and I can’t wait to try again.

Have you tried adaptive surfing or any outdoor adaptive activities? Please share your experience or thoughts about it!

Danielle "Dani" Liptak replied 2 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.