• Being the Tech Savvy Family Member

Posted by Leah Leilani on November 16, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Are you knowledgeable about technology and how most technological devices work? Do your family members come to you with their tech issues or are you usually the one who needs assistance with technology?

In my family, I am the one who helps my family members with tech problems, although, I’m nowhere near the most tech savvy person. Because technology is constantly changing, I’m always having to teach my parents something new. I don’t mind helping them but it can be a bit tiring when I have to teach them the same thing over and over. I have a generalized understanding of most things concerning smart phones and Apple devices but I have no expertise in regards to computers.

Leah Leilani replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Larry

November 17, 2020 at 2:27 pm

I am in a very similar situation. I am glad I can help others in my family, but do get it is tiring. They probably lean on me a bit too much. I have tried to step away though from helping them more so I can focus more on my health and what I can still do.

• Leah Leilani

November 17, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Larry, I think it’s good that you’ve established some boundaries. There’s only so much you can help them. You must focus on yourself first for sure.