• gord-wallen

February 23, 2019 at 3:56 pm

I was not diagnosed with Becker MD until I was in my 20s. However, looking back I had many of the symptoms. I was not athletic, did not run well. This caused me to be bullied and teased a great deal in elementary and high school. Gym or PE was the worst! It caused me to be withdrawn and shy. I was very careful around my peers for fear that they would tease me further if I said or did the wrong thing. I would do just about anything not singled out.  I didn’t have a lot of friends and I kept to myself for the most part. That all changed when I attended University when adolescent peer pressure subsided.

• danielle-dani-liptak

February 25, 2019 at 12:57 am

Being bullied are some of the worst memories of my life, I occasionally think about it but not like I used to. I know it has shaped my behavior to try and avoid situations where I could be bullied and I find myself uncomfortable with people who are not afraid or ashamed like I was.  Slowly I am trying to relearn how to think about situations and not care what people think, and that most of the time the bullies are the ones who are “weaker” or there is a reason for their behavior. Those who are hurt end up hurting others. What would you say if you could go back and talk to a younger version of yourself, knowing what you do now?