Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Mobility Aids and Medical Equipment Businesses Creating More Inclusive Products

• barry-glaberman

May 15, 2019 at 12:25 pm

I think we have a better chance of witnessing a world miracle before the Industry makes our life easier! If they can rip off our medical providers and us because of need, they will. The main reason is the cost of supply and demand. economics folks.

• danielle-dani-liptak

May 15, 2019 at 3:06 pm

I think people have a lot of control over the economy, whether supporting or boycotting. Yes, some businesses in the medical industry do rip people off but there are also some who are fair and want to help. If you want something to change it takes time and work to be heard. I think companies are thinking more inclusively lately and I appreciate it, but I am also here to say that it needs to happen without people needing to protest for it.

• barry-glaberman

May 15, 2019 at 4:30 pm

This is true. However, going back to the late seventies and early eighties, there was a lot of things that had to be incorporated into the start of the ADA way before the government got to vote on it. Unfortunately with the government creating a negative aura, we have to fight with our negative to create a positive. In other words, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Remember there are good and bad types of protests. I don’t want to het political. What is needed is a strong Lobby in Washington to counteract what they are trying to do to weaken the ADA.