Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Parents and Caregivers Developing anxiety and depression upon child’s diagnosis

• Developing anxiety and depression upon child’s diagnosis

Posted by leah-leilani on January 8, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Did you develop anxiety and depression when your child was diagnosed or first starting showing symptoms of MD? What symptoms did you present that made you think you could possibly have depression and anxiety?

During the time when I was growing sicker and my family was searching for a diagnosis, my mother had intense insomnia. She tried everything she could to regain her sleeping schedule but nothing worked. Until, she realized that depression may be the culprit and got prescribed medication.

jammie replied 4 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jammie

February 9, 2020 at 3:41 pm

Depression and anxiety run in my family. And I have suffered with both on and off through the years. I was on medication for a few years and seemed alot better and psych doc wanted to me to wean off. So I did and felt good for a few years. Till my children started having worse symptoms and then they were both diagnosed with Beckers Muscular Dystrophy last year. Since then I have noticed the depression creeping back in and worse anxiety than I’ve had before. Trying to go through the motions.