• Posted by Danielle "Dani" Liptak on October 7, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Everyone has laundry, and doing laundry requires different types of physical capabilities throughout the process. From carrying the basket with the clothes to the laundry room, putting them in the washer, and trying to dig them out once they are wet, then transferring the wet clothes to the dryer. Not to mention the last task to bring the laundry back to its proper location and then to fold and to put it away. There are a lot of steps if you break it down.

Are there any steps in the laundry process that are easier or more difficult for you to do now because of muscular dystrophy? How have you adapted to the task so that you can still do it, or do you take your clothes to a cleaner?

Morgan replied 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Morgan

October 9, 2020 at 2:59 pm

I have mostly stopped with the laundry. I will fold it but my husband now transfers it from washer to dryer and gets it out of the dryer. If they made top loading dryers (maybe they do?) it would be much easier for me to transfer and then get the clean clothes out. For now my husband does it for me and then I’ll fold it.