• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

As a kid, I was used to adults telling me I have a beautiful smile. I think adults have a tendency to frequently compliment children but it never really counts unless it’s from your peers or from someone you have a crush on.

I’ve had my fair share of crush’s and have been told that a few boys have liked me too but until I started joining dating apps, I don’t believe I’d ever received a compliment from a guy. Whether this was because I chose not to disclose pictures of myself in my wheelchair is unclear. I didn’t join the apps to fish for compliments, I knew I was pretty, but I was still surprised to get so many messages starting with “You’re so beautiful”. 

For a while, the compliments made me feel uncomfortable. I wasn’t used to being told I was gorgeous by a someone other than my dad. 

The discomfort didn’t go away until I began growing closer to my current boyfriend. I can see in his eyes how much he means it when he says how beautiful I am. 

When was the first time you felt attractive? Do you feel uncomfortable when strangers give you compliments? 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account