• Feeling attractive

Posted by Leah Leilani on March 12, 2019 at 6:23 pm

As a kid, I was used to adults telling me I have a beautiful smile. I think adults have a tendency to frequently compliment children but it never really counts unless it’s from your peers or from someone you have a crush on.

I’ve had my fair share of crush’s and have been told that a few boys have liked me too but until I started joining dating apps, I don’t believe I’d ever received a compliment from a guy. Whether this was because I chose not to disclose pictures of myself in my wheelchair is unclear. I didn’t join the apps to fish for compliments, I knew I was pretty, but I was still surprised to get so many messages starting with “You’re so beautiful”. 

For a while, the compliments made me feel uncomfortable. I wasn’t used to being told I was gorgeous by a someone other than my dad. 

The discomfort didn’t go away until I began growing closer to my current boyfriend. I can see in his eyes how much he means it when he says how beautiful I am. 

When was the first time you felt attractive? Do you feel uncomfortable when strangers give you compliments? 

replied 5 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.