Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Have you tried supplements like Melatonin for help sleeping? Are you afraid to take medication or supplements for sleep because they could become habit forming or you’re body may build up an immunity to them? Do you worry about the condition of your liver when considering to take another medication?

Astrid
      Participant

My husband is taking gabapentin 600mg. This used to send him to sleep too, but it doesnt do the trick anymore so he is trying melatonin.

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Astrid, I just got off Gabapentin 300mg for fibromyalgia. I wasn’t aware that it could be used for sleep but nowadays the same medication can be used to treat so many different things.

Rameshan
      Participant

Hi

What is exactly melatonin. Is it a drug or something else. Is it habit forming. I know sunrays produce melatonin on skin.

Regards,

Rameshan Kannoth

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Hi Rameshan,

Melatonin is a chemical in the brain that promotes sleep. Some people with insomnia find that taking Melatonin in supplement form can them sleep better. Melatonin is not to be confused with Melanin. Melanin is found in the skin. When some has a darker complexion, they have more Melanin in their skin.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account