• Posted by Danielle "Dani" Liptak on October 14, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Recently I had to work in a store downtown for a full day. The city that I live in has street parking and garage parking. I usually do street parking as it is closer to the store I work at and for my ramp if there are no available, accessible spaces in the garage. However, I received a parking ticket for parking over the white line. I feel like this is unfair because I cannot park close to the curb due to my ramp. Also, I have noticed that the parking spaces in front of the college aew larger than those closer to downtown businesses.  I wonder if this is because schools must follow the rules about the sizes of their spaces.

Have you ever gotten a ticket for parking poorly even though you have used your accessible space placard and have signs saying you have a ramp in your vehicle? Did you fight the ticket or pay it?

Pete Barron replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Pete Barron

October 15, 2021 at 6:01 pm

I once parked pointing the wrong way on a back street because it was the only space around forward of a driveway where I need to park with my rear entry van. I went to a movie and was back within 2 hours and found a ticket on my car. I appealed in writing on the form included, but was denied. I ended up paying the fine.