Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums COVID-19 and MD Rare Disease Day 2022

• Rare Disease Day 2022

Posted by danielle-dani-liptak on February 28, 2022 at 4:02 pm

How do you participate in rare disease days? Does it feel like you’re still in a pandemic and bringing awareness to health issues seems uncomfortable or inappropriate at the time?

I post about what it feels like to be rare or just some valuable hashtags that people can click on and find more information on my social media. I am most appreciative when my family and friends repost information about my rare disease.

My posts included information on Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD). I explained that it is a rare familial disease with an estimated prevalence from 1/8,000 to 1/20,000. It is the third most common form of hereditary myopathy.

I also added the definition of RARE from the online dictionary in hopes of sparking thoughts and images in followers’ minds.

/rer/ adjective (of an event, situation, or condition) not occurring very often.

“A rare genetic disorder.”

Similar: unusual, uncommon, unfamiliar, out of the ordinary, atypical, singular, remarkable, extraordinary, precious, exceptional, outstanding.

How does share being rare?

danielle-dani-liptak replied 2 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.