Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Parents and Caregivers School events: Sports/ Pep Rallys

• School events: Sports/ Pep Rallys

Posted by Danielle "Dani" Liptak on October 14, 2019 at 10:57 am

Is your child in school with a strong sports following? Does their school hold pep rallies or big sporting events? Are you concerned about letting your child go alone? Do you want them to have fun and be independent but worry about them needing help and feeling uncomfortable? How do you talk to your child about this?

I was still mobile in high school, all I had was a slight limp, some facial muscle weakness, and couldn’t raise my arms above my head. I attended many sporting events for my school, from basketball, baseball, soccer, football, swim meets, and tracks meets. I loved supporting my friends and going out to an event to cheer on my school! I remember being worried about not getting up the bleachers. I remember my palms getting sweaty and trying so hard not to show my struggle. I never spoke up about wanting to sit lower on the bleachers, but looking back now, I should have said something to my close friends.

Danielle "Dani" Liptak replied 4 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.