Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Mental Health and Positivity Staying positive with weight gain/loss and muscular dystrophy

• Staying positive with weight gain/loss and muscular dystrophy

Posted by danielle-dani-liptak on February 18, 2019 at 4:42 am

There has been a lot of negativity that goes along with discussion about weight. It can make people uncomfortable and also be a sensitive subject. An up and down for me was weight gain and weight loss. Some people with MD can be overweight and some underweight, just depending on the person. I do not believe a person’s value is a number on a scale, but I believe in being comfortable with yourself. I lost some weight with a fitness app and started using a pool for exercise, that personally worked for me. Here is an article about losing weight when you can’t run or walk (not the only techniques for weight loss).

Dietary and lifestyle changes can’t directly impact muscular degeneration. However, it has been said a high-fiber, high-protein, low-calorie diet with proper fluid intake is recommended for many patients with muscular dystrophy.

What have you found works best for you when it comes to maintaining your weight with muscular dystrophy. How do you stay positive in today’s society with so much focus on weight?

danielle-dani-liptak replied 5 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.