Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums COVID-19 and MD Thoughts on States Reopening

• Thoughts on States Reopening

Posted by kevin-schaefer on May 25, 2020 at 7:30 am

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a safe and relaxing weekend. For those here in the U.S., I wish you all a good Memorial Day.

So, as states and other places around the world begin to reopen, I wanted to get your thoughts. I don’t want to start anything political here. Rather, I’m just curious if anyone here feels comfortable going out some, or if you’re going to remain on lockdown.

For me personally, I’m ok seeing immediate family, and I’ll resume physical therapy in June. However, I’m not even thinking about going to restaurants or other public places anytime soon. My parents and I have acclimated ok to quarantine life.

What are your thoughts on this issue? Are you loosening your restrictions, or remaining on total lockdown?

ralph replied 3 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ralph

May 26, 2020 at 6:55 am

I agree this will be difficult and most everyone I know will not be jumping into normal activity. I think back to January to mid March when this virus must have been incubating and then exploded as people began to get sick. It took two to three months of no sporting events or business travel or conferences. No Disney or Vegas. No bars and pubs and restaurants. No concerts. No movies or theaters. Etc. to get us to this lull. So I fear that if June-August we incubate again it could get difficult in sept and oct. I think the only thing that may temper that is that the majority of people, unlike January to March, will be cautious and wear masks.