Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Mental Health and Positivity When Fearing Of Missing Out Becomes Temporary Depression

• When Fearing Of Missing Out Becomes Temporary Depression

Posted by Leah Leilani on September 9, 2022 at 4:00 pm

At this very moment, my boyfriend and his family are visiting the Hawaiian Islands. 

I don’t know if you know this about me but I am part Polynesia (Pacific Islander). This means I have Hawaiian blood. It has been my life-long dream to visit Hawaii and my many cousins who reside there. But alas, that kind of travel is out of the question for me. 

As we all know, air travel with a power wheelchair is a nightmare. Not only that but I would also need a wheelchair-accessible van to get around and the heat is intolerable for my body. 

I had to confess to my boyfriend how difficult it has been for me knowing he is there and I’m not as he excitedly shared photos and videos of his trip with me. It caused me to feel deeply yet temporarily depressed. 

My disease doesn’t typically make me feel this way unless I am forced to deal with it head-on like I am now. Sometimes life with a disability sucks. 

Have you ever felt such intense FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) that it left you feeling depressed?

Leah Leilani replied 1 year, 7 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.