Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Mobility Aids and Medical Equipment Where Do You Get Your Wheelchair Serviced?

• Where Do You Get Your Wheelchair Serviced?

Posted by Danielle "Dani" Liptak on May 20, 2019 at 3:06 pm

I am still on my first powerchair. It is a Jazzy 6 Select and I ordered it from Spin Life. This chair has lasted me about 3 years and I plan on continuing to use it until Medicare can fit me for a new one. I need a chair that is more specific to my body and can relieve some of the pressure and discomfort I have now. I also need some other specific modifications, such as higher ground clearance, which I plan on going in depth with my physical therapist and a representative from NuMotion. If something happens to my chair, such as needing a new battery or tires, or a malfunction, I go through an independent mobility products dealer. I assume once I get a chair from Medicare I will be able to have them fix an issues I have with it. I am not 100% sure about the process with Medicare yet though.

If something was to happen to your wheelchair who would you call? Do you have an independent wheelchair service provider or do you go through a company such as Pride Mobility or Spin Life? What have been some of your experiences with wheelchair companies? About how many times a year does your wheelchair need maintenance? Have you gone years without maintenance or a check up? What was the first thing to go on your wheelchair and how long did you have your first chair?

Danielle "Dani" Liptak replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.