Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Hey everyone! We made it through another week.

I wanted to share this video with you all that I came across a few months ago. This is a fascinating video, in which a group of people with disabilities discuss topics like ableism, dating, and living with a disability. The idea is to show that within disability communities, people think differently. Panelists in this forum include people with visible and invisible disabilities.

One question that sparks a lot of discussion is about whether or not participants would give up their disability if given the chance. Some vehemently answered yes, while others view their disability as a source of their identity. This conversation in particular is fascinating.

Let me know your thoughts on this video! Is there a particular part of it that sticks out to you?

Ralph Yaniz
      Participant

People are unique. We all bring different life experiences to our decisions.  People with disabilities are not one size fits all. We are as unique as everyone else. I lived 47 years without symptoms of my MD. If I had a choice I’d say yes, let’s go back to my functioning prior to MD. But I can say that in some ways I’m living my best life now. Let’s continue to live, learn and thrive!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account