• What Did You Learn in 2020

Posted by Leah Leilani on January 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm

Happy New Year Everyone! I’m sure we’re all glad 2020 is over and can start fresh in 2021. To start off the New Year let’s all share some things we learned in 2020. Whether it’s a new skill or a valuable life lesson, what knowledge did you gain this last year?

I definitely learned how to do a lot of new hobbies including embroidery and macrame. I also started to sell used clothing so I’ve had to learn a lot about clothing brands, sourcing, cost of goods and sales strategies.

Leah Leilani replied 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Pete Barron

January 5, 2021 at 2:46 pm

I have been reminded in this crazy year the value of simple pleasures.

To see somebody up close in the flesh.

To give and get a hug from a close friend.

To see a smile on a stranger’s face when you say something nice.

To visit a friend and not have to talk to share meaning.

These are all things that I have missed this year and I hope I will remember how important they are and not take them for granted when we can once again enjoy these simple pleasures

• Leah Leilani

January 5, 2021 at 4:12 pm

Absolutely Pete, I couldn’t agree more. You never the things that truly matter until they’re gone. I miss all these things dearly too.

• Tracy Myall

January 10, 2021 at 2:34 pm

I think I’ve learned how fragile life is, and what it is like to feel helpless against something that no one can seem to control. I’ve also learned the value of family and friends, and that we shouldn’t take for granted being able to see and socialize with them, hug them or tell them in person that we love them.

• Leah Leilani

January 19, 2021 at 12:39 pm

Tracy, I agree with everything you said. I feel a lot of anxiety and sometimes anger not being able to control how people choose to follow, or not follow, guidelines.