• Anxiety and insomnia

Posted by Leah Leilani on April 19, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Insomnia is a common symptom among many psychiatric disorders such as PTSD, anxiety and depression and it is said that these disorders cause half of all insomnia cases.

At a young age I began having troubles with insomnia. I would have bouts if not being able to fall asleep or waking up in the middle of the night and then laying awake for hours. My worst experience with insomnia happened when I was fourteen. At the time, I was having constant panic attacks and this elevated anxiety affected my sleep. It sent me into a horrible relapse.

I was referred to a psychologists and after trying a couple different drugs, finally found a combination of several medications to help manage my anxiety.

Do you suffer from insomnia and haven’t found the cause? Have you found alternative treatment like meditation to be helpful with your sleep problems? Have you tried many different medications for your anxiety and are beginning to feel hopeless? Has your insomnia left you too tired to live your life?

Danielle "Dani" Liptak replied 4 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Danielle "Dani" Liptak

May 21, 2019 at 11:46 am

Before I go to bed I will ask my Alexa to “play deep sleep”, and I set it at a relatively low volume.

I also have a spray called “Emotional Detox” and I spray it under my tongue. Each time I have used this spray I have sleep for 6 or 7 hours straight and it is a restful sleep. It is only a flower essence and I do not entirely understand how it works but I do like it and use it when I need to for about 5 days at a time. Emotional Detox | Siddha Flower Essences – Homeopathic Remedies