Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Science, Research, Clinical Trials Article: A Pivotal Moment for CRISPR in the Gene Editing Journey

• Article: A Pivotal Moment for CRISPR in the Gene Editing Journey

Posted by Danielle "Dani" Liptak on August 6, 2021 at 11:24 am

Article: CRISPR Gene Editing Journey
    “Gene editing has the potential to change the lives of people with severe and life-threatening genetic ailments, including Duchenne muscular dystrophy, Hemophilia A, and Sickle cell disease (SCD) by correcting “spelling mistakes” inside the human genome.”

If you have been following CRISPR for a few years now, how does it make you feel to read about recent developments? Have you had hope from the beginning with gene editing? How did you maintain a positive attitude or not get discouraged? Or if you did get down or lose hope, how did you deal with that?

Personally, when I was younger, my hope was low for any treatment or cure. I would often hear my father say there will be a cure in 5 years, and then five years came and went. But recently, seeing how specific treatments have worked for others with severe ailments as myself, I have once again felt my hope ignite a little more. It was never fully extinguished, but it was close at one point in my life. I am definitely in a better place and more hopeful than ever. Where are you in your belief in treatment or cure in your lifetime or a loved one’s?

Danielle "Dani" Liptak replied 2 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • Barbara la saracina

August 18, 2021 at 10:09 am

I think they are vwry close to a cure with CRISPIR technology. The gene part is the easier part. Using a vehicle to deliver the gene repair with a non immunogenic nano particle is already being worked on. Keep pr as ying. It is.coming.