• ralph

February 21, 2020 at 9:52 am

Many people have fallen into the “we can’t pay for it” hole. That’s a shame. We are currently paying over $4 Trillion for healthcare in this country. I have written columns about having to pay a medical system $700 just to use a room for 15 mins to get a cortisone shot. I have also had letters printed to the editor of major newspapers citing the BILLIONS of dollars in profits that private health insurance providers make. You’re really going to tell me we can’t pay for healthcare for all? Or that this would mean we can’t pay for people on disability or with special needs? By the way, personal income totals in the US are reaching $17.5 Trillion. I have been able to sit and in an hour come up with a healthcare payments system where everyone pays based on income and where we can come up with the $4+ Trillion we need to cover everyone fully. And imagine if we were able to clamp down on excessive industry profits and ridiculous costs.

• leah-leilani

February 21, 2020 at 3:35 pm

Ralph, as we all know, the forum is about sharing opinions and I’m glad you shared yours on a topic you’re passionate about. Your latest article covered some important facts and statements including some thorough calculations. I wish I believed that our country could provide healthcare for all without some serious implications but I remain guarded but I will also say that politics isn’t my forte and admit that my opinions and theories could very well be wrong.

• janee-sconiers

February 25, 2020 at 12:22 pm

That’s right Ralph. Everyone should have health care in our country.  I’m amazed at how long we have let this go. We live in a wonderful and prosperous country, health care for all is a no brainer.