• danielle-dani-liptak

January 24, 2022 at 11:45 am

Since the pandemic, I have seen some exciting ways to make money. There are some careers that I never thought I would have. Even when I was younger and far more able-bodied, I never applied for jobs. I was privileged in that sense. Instead, I worked at camp and as a lifeguard. In my 32nd year and as an almost full-time wheelchair user, I have worked retail and a comedy club. Working with the public has taught me a lot about myself, what I am capable of and how the public can accept some disabled in the workforce.

• larry

January 25, 2022 at 7:37 pm

I have rediscovered my passion for reading.  I joined a couple book clubs. It’s great. Another hobby I have plenty of time for is classical music. I have listened for years but I am going much deeper in my appreciation for the music.

• leah-leilani

January 26, 2022 at 3:47 pm

Larry, what kinds of books do you like to read? I’m an avid reader myself but physically reading is very hard for me because of the eye strain. These days I stick to audiobooks but I’m very particular about the quality of the reader and the audio. I love it when I can find a good book series that keeps me excited and interested for a long while.

• larry

January 26, 2022 at 7:49 pm

Hi Leah,

There are a few books I could recommend. Hard to limit them lol. “The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating” by Elisabeth Tova Bailey was extraordinarily, “Beneath a Scarlet Sky” by Mark T Sullivan was a good read if you like historical fiction, and the “Lunar Chronicles” series by Marissa Meyer was fun. It’s a sci-fi twist on the fairytale stories.