Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums COVID-19 and MD Covid Moderna Booster (Continued)

• Covid Moderna Booster (Continued)

Posted by danielle-dani-liptak on November 17, 2021 at 11:59 am

On Monday, I received the Moderna Covid booster around 10:30 am Monday. By 2:30 Am Tuesday, I felt pretty ill. Chills, body aches, headaches, etc. My arm was sore, and I wonder if it was more painful than most due to muscular dystrophy. People suggested an ice pack and moving and massaging my arm where I got the vaccine.

I have had a rough couple of nights and days, but I am starting to feel better. I am unfortunately typing this with one hand because my vaccinated arm is still too painful to move. I am hopeful that this vaccine will protect me. I know I have a weakened immune system, so I am more susceptible than others. Many of my friends, who I believe are healthier than I have not gotten the vaccine.

How do you feel about the booster for Covid? Are you worried about the temporary or rare long-term side effects? Do you every day take the flu shot? What are your thoughts, or if you have received the vaccine, how did it go for you?

leah-leilani replied 2 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • kimberly-reynolds

November 19, 2021 at 8:30 pm

I lost an older Brother to Covid19 last January. He wasn’t tested for DM2 which my Mother, another Brother, a sister, and myself have. He was 71. His lungs and heart couldn’t recover after Covid19.

I take my yearly flu and Pneumonia and just had the Moderna booster. I’ve had some aches and pains since the booster but not as bad as the 2 Moderna vaccines before it. I had to visit my Brother in hospice care at his home via Zoom for his last month of life. Any aches and pains for a few days is better than what he went through, and losing him.

• leah-leilani

December 7, 2021 at 3:54 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss Kimberly. People don’t realize just how badly Covid effects those of us who are immune deficient. I’m happy to hear though that you are taking steps to protect yourself.

• kelly-jones

November 20, 2021 at 7:56 am

I’ve had both shots and my booster and strangely felt WONDERFUL after all 3 injections! So much so that I can hardly wait for my next one!  (assuming this will be an ongoing thing)  I have FSHD1 btw.

• leah-leilani

December 7, 2021 at 3:56 pm

Huh, that is very odd but in the best way possible! I felt terrible after my Pfizer booster but I was actually very happy about it because I knew that meant that my body was finally building up antibodies.