Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Mobility Aids and Medical Equipment Electric mattress pad for those cold winter nights

• Electric mattress pad for those cold winter nights

Posted by leah-leilani on November 5, 2019 at 7:00 pm

Does it get cold at night where you live? Do you have trouble sleeping when your cold?

Safe & Warm Technology offers heating mattress pads. Instead of the traditional heating blanket that may fall off of you during the night, why not have the heat securely under you. These electric heated mattress pads keep you safe because of their low voltage, which will also save you money. The controllers allow you to adjust the heat of the mattress pad to your preference. Each control in lighted so as to easily in the dark.

I highly recommend getting a heating mattress. Not only will it keep you warm but you will sleep better too.

ralph replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • terry

November 20, 2019 at 5:02 pm

I have one of those.  It’s the best way I have to keep my legs and hips warm so I am not in so much pain. It’s hard for me to sleep if I can’t get comfortable. I read something from the multiple sclerosis group about a weighted blanket they say it’s a godsend for pain. I might have to look into that if anybody has any information or has tried it ;please let me know.

• leah-leilani

November 20, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Terry, it never occurred to me that the heating blanket could be used to sooth pain. I’m so glad it’s working to relieve yours. I haven’t tried a weight blanket but I hear they’re good for those with anxiety too.

• ralph

January 28, 2020 at 2:05 pm

I use a heating blanket. I turn it on before bedtime. Then after I read and I’m finally ready to sleep I turn it off. I’m ok once I’m warm and under my three blankets. 🙂