Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

What are your favorite Thanksgiving foods? Does your family have any recipes that’ve been passed down through the generation?

For as long as I can remember, each year I help my mom make her famous cranberry sauce. The recipe includes Port wine, orange marmalade, cloves, cranberries and lots of sugar to counter balance the tartness. Even though it’s a simple recipe, it holds lots of wonderful memories for me.

Ralph Yaniz
      Participant

My family is from Cuba. We traditionally do a combination meal. We have turkey and ham but we make sure we have white rice, black beans and yucca frita (fried yucca). Delicious. I would always skip turkey and have ham. Turkey is ok but a bit dry 🙂

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

That sounds delicious Ralph! There is a serious debate of whether to have turkey or ham. My family is half Hawaiian so usually in Easter we have a Honey Baked Ham.

Ralph Yaniz
      Participant

Dani and Leah, I love Cuban sandwiches too. You can ad hoc it and make it with ham and turkey that’s leftover. 🙂 You are making me hungry!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account