Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

The holidays are coming up and that means going to friends and relatives houses. Before getting a portable ramp, my friends family would try to lift my 350 pound wheelchair into their home every Thanksgiving. Thankfully many of them were wrestlers but it was still a struggle. Also, it scared me to put my only source of mobility in the hands of others.

Do you have a portable ramp? How have you gotten your wheelchair into relatives and friends houses in the past?

Ralph Yaniz
      Participant

I have thought about getting into people’s homes often. I don’t use a wheelchair but I can no longer step up easily, even on relatively short steps. In fact, even street curbs are hard. I can easily fall. I avoid going to people’s homes. Even when I visit my son in Wisconsin we stay out of his house. My brother is doing Thanksgiving this year. At first I said I’m not going. Then we figured out that as long as there’s no snow I can go around the back and it’s step less. My sisters where we do Christmas is a very low step. Each year it gets harder and I know one year I’m going to fall. I wish homes were built differently but so many, even those few that don’t have steps, have a huge stoop into the house.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account