Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

How does your hairstylist or barber make accommodations for you? Or does your caregiver or relative cut your hair?

During a time in my life when I was very fatigued, my hairstylist made time to come over to my house to cut my hair. Instead of washing my hair, he’d just wet my hair with water in a spray bottle. It was a lot of work for my mom to clean up the hair afterward, but ultimately, I was able to save a good amount of energy by staying in my own home. 

Sam Dalton
      Participant

I too keep an eye on how much energy I spend!   Most of the time my wife just cuts mine with clippers since I’m old and bald and don’t require any “styling” – LOL.  When I DO go to get my haircut at Great Clips, they always ask me if I want to just sit on my scooter.  They will move the chair out of the way.  Pretty nice really.  🙂

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

That is nice of them. It’s always a great feeling to find a person or establishment that is willing to make modifications to make you more comfortable.

Tracy Barhite
      Participant

I still go to get my haircut,  but like you my hairdresser just sprays my hair with water.   She usually cuts my hair short or sometimes I get a perm.   Low maintenance hairstyles are much easier.

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Tracy, I can completely empathize about having simpler hair. I used to have hair all the way down to my butt and by the time I got diagnosed I immediately got it cut and donated it. These days I have a pixie cut and I’ll never go back to long hair.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account