Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​Muscular Dystrophy Having Assistance with Pleasure from a Sex Worker

• Having Assistance with Pleasure from a Sex Worker

Posted by Leah Leilani on December 21, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Have you ever hired a sex worker to help provide you with pleasure and an intimate experience? Did you hire a sex worker from a place that specializes in providing people with disabilities sexual pleasure? If not, was the sex worker knowledgeable about disability?

I believe that there’s nothing wrong with providing people with disabilities sexual experiences as a profession. Those of us with disabilities have sexual needs too and sometimes need help achieving that. It should be viewed as a human requirement as nonchalant as having someone assist you with brushing your teeth.

Leah Leilani replied 3 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Larry

December 22, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Thanks for the post. Lot of people would not be comfortable bringing up this topic. Yes intimacy and being sexual are a basic human need, I completely agree. I am not sure there is a place that would provide that kind of service for a person with a disability. I have never heard of that. Sex in general can be such a taboo subject matter with many people.

• Leah Leilani

December 22, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Hi Larry. I’m glad you liked this topic.  Dani and I always appreciate feedback. Here’s a video I saw a long time ago on YouTube about the controversy of medically assisted sex for the disabled. I hope you find it as insightful as I did.

• Pete Barron

December 25, 2020 at 2:51 pm

I agree that there should be no shame, for anybody disabled or not. The whole “oldest profession” should be legalized and cleaned up. This would put a handle on disease prevention and sex trafficking. It’s another one of those things that many do, but few admit!

• Leah Leilani

January 5, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Exactly! If it weren’t such a taboo subject more people would also have a happier sex life and there may even be less STIs and teenage pregnancies. It’s a natural human need.

• Rodrigo

January 5, 2021 at 3:25 pm

Personally,  I think that love and sex are incredibly important in our lives. My disability has represented a womans repelente, before,  when I was strong,  I always have a girlfriend a woman in my life etc, I was married 15 years,  and when the dystrophy get worse,  my marriage got to an end. After my divorce,  having a date has been probably the most humiliating and painful process that I had ever gone through,  because of the rejection, you know,  and God knows how badly I needed someone. BUT, I recently found someone,  and even though it is kind of a complicated relationship,  it has been the best feeling in my life. The sex and love have given me all the full I need to keep going around. I do not know how long it is going to last, but, I will definitely keep pursuing happiness in wherever shape I am.

• Leah Leilani

January 5, 2021 at 3:40 pm

I’m glad to hear that you have found someone who makes you happy, Rodrigo. I understand what you mean when you said that dating is painful. I went through a big breakup this past year and am still recovering from it. I’ve decided to take a break from the dating world for a while and I’m happy without someone in my life right now. It’s always nice to hear stories like yours to give me hope to persist.