Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums COVID-19 and MD January and Staying Motivated

• January and Staying Motivated

Posted by danielle-dani-liptak on January 13, 2022 at 2:43 pm

The first month of the year, when most people have new goals or resolutions, I lack the motivation to do anything from showering to working. Even things I took joy in seemed tough to get up and do. I have tried to set clothes out the night before if I want to do something the next day. I try and give myself ample time between activities too. I enjoyed reading, but I can only read in my bed when I am at home, so I tried to take my book to a place outside and sit and read for 30 minutes at least.

How do you guys stay motivated and optimistic this time of year? I think Covid and other illnesses have made wanting to stay inside and away from things I enjoyed because I am tired of getting sick or the thought of it.

leah-leilani replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • leah-leilani

January 18, 2022 at 3:23 pm

I think January can be a very daunting month. It feels like a competition to try to keep up with everyone setting intentions, goals and resolutions. I also think there may be the Covid fatigue that is returning because the cases have escalated so rapidly this winter season. Hang in there Dani.