Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​Muscular Dystrophy Medical predicaments you didn’t think you’d survive

• Ralph Yaniz

January 24, 2020 at 6:53 am

Leah, I had a situation that was in some ways the opposite of you. My pulse was down to 33 bpm. What happened is that I was getting PVCs every other beat so these pre-ventricular contractions could not be picked up and even though my pulse was 66, machines and even professionals would only feel 33 beats. I always talk about being proactive and ultimately the solution that I came up with was a medicine I was taking and once I stopped it the PVCs went away. Even though I had seen a couple of cardiologist, the solution came from me and without that I might have ended up with very big medical procedures that were not needed.

• Leah Leilani

January 27, 2020 at 4:12 pm

Ralph, I can imagine from my own experience that it must’ve been quite a shock to receive the news of your PVCs. 33bpm is quite a low reading. I’m glad you were able to find a solution and put a stop to your heart condition. It’s always a relief to find a simple solution.

• Ralph Yaniz

January 27, 2020 at 4:13 pm

Leah, yes! It feels so much better.