Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Texas A&M and other university’s have used dogs that have canine MD to help find a cure for muscular dystrophy. A video created by PETA a few years back upset some celebrities whom have spoken out against the universities and the research.

How do you feel about using animals for the medicine? Have you read anything about celebrities getting involved in experiments with animals? What do you think about the celebrity involvement? Do you want a cure? Are you an animal lover too but understand what is needed to be done for the purpose of medicine?

Ralph Yaniz
      Participant

Dani, This is a very hard one for me and for many people. I think if a dog has muscular dystrophy issues, like a human, I would be OK with trying to find solutions as long as, like with humans, it’s done with kindness. I had heard in some places that dogs were being given muscular dystrophy and that’s a little harder for me. As for the celebrity thing I will let them do their own thing. I am not really into that but they can bring attention to some good causes.

Ralph Yaniz
      Participant

Dani, no, not at all. But we are all different. I’d like to search and read more about why that happens. A very small piece of muscle is taken. I wonder what happens. Do you have any info you can share offline.  We are entering a family study and my two brothers may need to have biopsies. I’d like to learn more. Let’s talk when you can.

Ralph Yaniz
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yes  I have had three needle biopsies and two regular biopsies  but even the needle biopsies  took quite a bit because they suck it out through these big needles and it is painful</p>

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account