• Mobility aids and products

Posted by leah-leilani on January 31, 2019 at 11:45 am

It’s been almost fifteen years since I started using a wheelchair. At the time, I was seven years old and still going through lots of testing to try and figure out what was going on with my body. I was still able to walk inside my house but needed something to get me around long distances. My mother began asking my doctors where she could find a wheelchair for me. Since I was still undiagnosed, we were hesitant to spend a lot of money on an expensive wheelchair. She soon discovered a company known as the Loan Closet.

The Loan Closet provides children and adults with mobility aides and equipment free of charge. Once that individual is no longer in need of the equipment it is returned to the Loan Closet and ready for someone else to use. They carry most basic equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, canes and crutches and also accept donations of such medical aides.

Have you been on the lookout for a mobility aide at a reasonable price but have been unsuccessful? Are you or someone you know in need of medical equipment but don’t know where to look?

robin replied 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • danielle-dani-liptak

January 20, 2022 at 1:44 pm

I believe there is a virtual loan closet for mobility aids. I thought I saw one on Facebook, and I have seen some for sale or trade on Instagram. Loan closets provide free and low-cost medical equipment on a long-term loan basis, including manual and electric wheelchairs, scooters, lifts, walkers, canes, hospital beds, bathroom equipment, and more.

Loan Closets for the Midwest I think if you type into Google or any internet browser, you might be able to find the nearest loan closet. If you have questions, please reach out here, on the forums!

• robin

May 5, 2022 at 6:52 am

There’s a loan closet near me also, it’s where I recently got a more stable rollator for using in the house.