• Danielle "Dani" Liptak

February 12, 2019 at 5:38 am

I guess this depends on how I am feeling that day. I usually try to be polite but we all have our days when someone says something that rubs us the wrong way or I don’t have time for it nor do I care to hear it.

I appreciate the gesture but I also believe there are certain places and times to talk to people about issues pertaining to muscular dystrophy and treatments (and curing me in the WalMart check out isle is not one of them) Now if I am standing in line and the person behind me says they are a neurologist and we have a discussion that is fine, but in that case I am more apt to listen because they are a trained medical professional. Again, my mood, the time and place all factor in to my interest in listening to someones advice on treatment options.

• Leah Leilani

February 12, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Yeah, it really does depend on the timing and situation. There was once a women at my church who was offering some sort of supplement. She was very persistent and wouldn’t really take no for an answer. This bothered me because I just wanted to attend the service and socialize with the other member at church. Plus, I know my own body and I have tried many supplements and diets that haven’t made any difference in my health. I just didn’t feel like like it was appropriate for her to intervene when she knew nothing about me or my disease.