Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums COVID-19 and MD People who are not vaccinated

• People who are not vaccinated

Posted by danielle-dani-liptak on July 6, 2021 at 8:02 pm

If you received the COVID-19 vaccine and you meet someone who has not, how do you feel? I ask because where I live, anyone is eligible for the vaccine, and it is free. When I was younger, the flu shot was always encouraged by my school so everyone would get it, and it was free. Do you worry about being around people who are not vaccinated? Are you still waiting to get vaccinated? Or are you not comfortable getting the vaccine yet? Whatever the reason, please share!

leah-leilani replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • leah-leilani

July 15, 2021 at 4:38 pm

This is a tough one. I am definitely more comfortable being close to people who are vaccinated, for example, having my vaccinated friends over, hugging people who are vaccinated and even not wearing my mask around them. Dating can be a little challenging because I can only meet with someone else who is vaccinated but apps now allow people to add a symbol to their profile that indicates that they are fully vaccinated.

• denisharri

October 20, 2021 at 9:18 am

This is a difficult one but personally now that the vaccine is available to most people, I believe they should get it. I live with my wife and three dogs so we isolated for almost 18 months before we got our first jab. When we go out we still wear a mask. Better safe than sorry. These days many people who end up in the hospital and die are people who refuse to get vaccinated.

• leah-leilani

October 26, 2021 at 4:19 pm

Denise, I have the same opinion. Although, I understand the people with health concerns that feel like their bodies may not react well to the vaccine but I honestly believe it’s a much better option then getting Covid. I do my best to not judge others decisions in terms of the vaccine because I have heard of people with lasting side effects from it. As long as I’m protected and cautious, that’s all I care about these days.