Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​Muscular Dystrophy Small outings for when you’re eager to get out of the house

• Small outings for when you’re eager to get out of the house

Posted by leah-leilani on January 24, 2020 at 5:00 pm

After or during a time when you need to stay home because of your health, do you ever feel like you have cabin fever? Are you eager to get out of cage that is your home and do something? What are some simple things you do to get some fresh air without risking your energy and health?

Simple outings like getting a Starbucks coffee or some frozen yogurt can really brighten my mood when I feel trapped inside my own home and need to get out. Even a car ride through a different neighbor makes me feel as though I’ve gotten out of the house and the change in scenery is so refreshing. 

leah-leilani replied 4 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ralph

January 28, 2020 at 2:06 pm

That’s how it is when it snows ugh. Grounded for a couple days. I have a couple of places I’ve learned of where I can park underground and get to. It’s important to get out.

• leah-leilani

January 30, 2020 at 4:11 pm

We definitely live on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of weather. I can’t imagine getting around in a wheelchair in the snow. Yikes!