Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums COVID-19 and MD Texas and Mississippi Lift Restriction and Mask Mandates

• Texas and Mississippi Lift Restriction and Mask Mandates

Posted by Danielle "Dani" Liptak on March 3, 2021 at 8:06 am

If you live in the United States, specifically Texas or Mississippi, how do you feel about the governors lifting restrictions and mask mandates? Will you go out more? Have you been vaccinated? Do you worry about the variants that have been discovered in other places?

I live in North Carolina, and the occupancy limit for indoor and outdoor has increased, and bars and restaurants are allowed to stay open and serve alcohol until 11. I am nervous for people who still are not vaccinated and are also at higher risk of dying from the virus, but many of my friends work in the service industry and need to make money, or else they will lose everything.

Tracy Myall replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Tracy Myall

March 5, 2021 at 8:40 pm

I don’t live in either of those states, but I think that they have acted very prematurely. Lifting the mandates is dangerous before we get more people vaccinated.

Speaking of the vaccine, Dani do you know if muscular dystrophy will be one of the high risk conditions that will get early vaccines?