Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Thanksgiving is a little more than a week away. What are your Thanksgiving plans this year?

Usually, my family and I would go over to our friend’s house and join their family for Thanksgiving. They’ve always been understanding of my disability and made accommodations for me. For many years, they would even lift my 300+ pound wheelchair into their home until we bought a portable ramp. But this year because of COVID, my parents and I will be having Thanksgiving at our house and eating some of my mom’s traditional thanksgiving recipes.

Tracy Myall
      Participant

This year will be only myself and my roommate having Thanksgiving, unless his son comes over as well. It’s just too scary to go out right now. I’d love to go visit with my dad for Thanksgiving but he has so many health issues that I would hate to bring it into his home if I had it and did not know it. And he says the same for me. We both have a lot of doctors appointments and would hate to pick it up and give to each other. So we will hopefully have a celebration after the beginning of the year when vaccines are finally available, I hope🙏🏻

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

It’s good that you’re taking the proper precautions, especially with the rise in cases. My 94 yo. grandmother tested positive for COVID and my mom and I are crossing our fingers that my dad didn’t catch it. I hope your small Thanksgiving is still wonderful!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account